Evening of Hope Benefit Concert Raises Funds for Life-Saving Heart Surgery
On Sunday May 29th, Russian Gift of Life held an "Evening of Hope" Benefit Concert at the home of George and Katherine Lukin in West Nyack, New York. Some one hundred and fifty people attended and over $8,000 was raised to fund life-saving heart surgery for two underprivileged Russian children.
Pianist and music teacher Irina Serdsev organized the evening's musical program, which included performances by pianists Maria Nikitin, Elena Crudge, Margarita Nuller, and Maxim Vladimiroff; violinist Olga Dusheina-Dougherty, clarinetist Dennis Dougherty; flutist Anastasia Serdsev; soprano Yana Eminova; Grammy nominated bass Mikhail Svetlov; and the jazz trio of Vladimir Zaslavsky (piano), Neil McNamara (guitar), and Karl Kaminski (acoustic bass).
Several Russian Gift of Life Board members and volunteers were among those on hand to hear works by Sergei Rachmaninoff, Fritz Kreisler, Frederic Chopin, C. Chaminade, Georgy Sviridov, Isak Dunayevsky, and Duke Ellington.
Russian Gift of Life expresses its deepest gratitude to:
- Mrs. Irina Serdsev for organizing and presenting the program.
- All the artists who donated their vaulable time and talent for our cause.
- Mr. Dennis Dougherty and Mr. Vladimir Zaslavsky for "pulling some strings" amongst their friends.
- Mr. and Mrs. George Lukin for opening their house, donating the beverage and food for this event.
- Mrs. Larissa Pokrovsky for her assistance in planning and organizing the evening.
- Mrs. Anastasia Zakharova for the main floral arrangement in the shape of a heart.
- Mrs. Catherine Budzilovich for the presentation bouquets.
- Mrs. Ekaterina Piskareva for graphic design and photography.
- All our young volunteers for helping during the cocktail hour.
And to everyone who came and supported the benefit. Thanks to your generosity, two underprivileged children will receive the gift of life.
To order a DVD of the evening's performances, please click here.
SAVE A CHILD is a registered trademark of Gift of Life, Inc. and Russian Gift of Life USA
Russian Gift of Life USA: P.O. Box 403, Sea Cliff, NY 11579-0403 USA
Corporate Office: 475 Northern Blvd., Ste. 22, Great Neck, NY 11021
A 501 (c) (3) Tax-Exempt Organization EIN #11-3117028